Enhanced Oil Recovery
Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) focusses on injecting recovered water, usually with a high brine content, into an oil reservoir to recover entrained oil reserves. Often chemicals are injected to change the mobility of the displacing fluid. The injected chemicals typically consist of polymers that increase the viscosity of the displacing solution but may also include surfactants or alkalis. Surfactants lower interfacial tension, thus improving the wettability of porous rocks. Alkali chemicals react with certain types of oil to form surfactants.
Polymer Make-Down Systems
ProProcess supplies high-tech modular polymer make-down systems to the international EOR market. These plants are supplied complete with the following equipment:
- Powder off-loading station and transfer system
- 750kg bulk bags
- 20t trucked isotainer
- Polymer storage silo (vertical or horizontal)
- Polymer wetting and hydration system
- Mother liquor transfer system
- Reagent and polymer dosing and dilution systems (dependent on injection well dosing philosophy)
- Utilities, consisting of
- Water treatment (if required)
- Instrument air (if required)
- Nitrogen (if required)
The plants are containerised for ease of shipping and transportation internationally.
It is recommended that polymer make-down plants from our standard suite of plants be selected to save both in design time and money when executing projects.